HART'S BASIN

  • Evelyn Horn
    Message 1 of 426 , Nov 11, 2007
      SUNDAY, NOVEMEBER 11,

      Few birds.Mallards, Canadas & Killdeer seen with a scope.
      Yesterday the beaver dam was removed (I guess blown-up), so the water level in the north ponds has dropped by a good 2-feet. The water has spread out on the main reservoir (I'd guess 5 mm deep!) but it's deceptive and looks like there's water.

      I've been told:
      1) the reservoir was emptied in order to repair the faulty valve
      2) the reservoir was emptied in order to replace the faulty valve
      3) the reservoir was emptied in order to kill the carp (don't ask me why!)
      4) the reservoir will be "recontoured" (whatever that might means).

      STILL, if you see or hear our cranes please call or post! Many have over-flown us. Think spring, and roosting-water at HB.

      Evey Horn

    • Evelyn Horn
      Message 426 of 426 , Apr 2
        the birds continue to come: about 160 tonight.
        total =13,414
        Evey Horn