Great Egret, Orange-crowned Warbler and Lincoln Sparrow

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2007
      Today Brenda and I decided to do a loop trip to Cortez
      and back. On the way to Cortez we took the west route
      through Dove Creek. We came back via the
      Dolores/Norwood Road.
      Most of the common duck species and waterbirds were
      found (20 species total). The best bird was a Great
      Egret at Belmear Lake in Dolores County. According to
      published records this is a new county species.
      There were two loons each on both Groundhog Res and
      Miramonte. The loons were far off but I think they
      were all Common Loons.
      Other birds not expected were, an Orange-crowned
      Warbler at Dolores and a Lincoln Sparrow at Denny's
      Lake in Cortez.
      Great day to be out,
      Coen and Brenda

      http://mail.yahoo.com