Photos of Dusky Grouse Encounters

  • Richard Stevens
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2007
      Hello all,

      I put photos of the Dusky Grouse attack featured in the June, 2006 story in "Colorado Field Notes" on a webpage:
      http://home.att.net/~birdertoo/recentwitnessphotos.htm

      Inside the front windshield was a dog. Maybe the Grouse took exception to the intrusion on his territory. Later the ranger stepped out of the car and was attacked by the Grouse.

      The other photo was a Dusky Grouse that came down for food from the woods at Loveland Ski Basin. I believe he was seen for about 2 weeks.

      Good birding!

      Rebecca Kosten
      Denver, CO