Lesser Black-backed Gull at Ridgway Reservoir

  • George Steele
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2007
      Coen and Brenda are on their way to Nebraska. Coen called from Montrose and asked me to post their sighting of a Lesser Black-backed Gull at Ridgway reservoir. It is going into its second winter plumage. Its bill is black with a yellow tip and its eyes are yellow. It was with 20 California Gulls at the south end of the reservoir. It is slightly larger than the California Gulls.

      George