Neversink & McCabe Wetlands - August 25th

  • Jason Beason
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2007
      Our group could not locate any rarities along the Neversink trail (Curecanti National Recreation Area in Gunnison County) today, but we did have large numbers of migrants. It seemed that there were warblers flitting about almost everywhere you looked. Most common, in order highest to lowest, were Wilson's, Yellow, Yellow-rumped, Orange-crowned, and MacGillivray's. There were also several Warbling Vireos. Another highlight was a juvenile Northern Saw-whet Owl perched low and only about 15 feet off the trail in an alder which was seen well by all. At McCabe we found a few new species for our day's list but again nothing unusual. Thanks to Ron Meyer for showing us around the place.

      Jason Beason
      Paonia - Delta County