Delta County - Aug. 12th

  • Jason Beason
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13 6:43 AM
      Did some birding at Confluence Park and Fruitgrowers yesterday after doing errands. Highlight was a Nashville Warbler at Confluence. There was a large flock of Black-capped Chickadees and the Nashville Warbler was associating with those. There were two gulls - Franklin's and California - on the lake. I find it interesting that some birds are still singing this late in the summer. Species heard singing were Bewick's Wren, American Goldfinch, and Lazuli Bunting. Fruitgrowers had five Greater Yellowlegs, a large group of very distant phalaropes, about ten American Avocets, one ibis (probaby white-faced - thought I saw a red eye at one point), the usual group of pelicans and geese, six Snowy Egrets (so, did they breed at Fruitgrowers this summer??!), and no gulls. Some neat little butterflies were at Fruitgrowers - Western Pygmy-Blues were everywhere.

      Jason Beason
      Paonia - Delta County