Northern Waterthrush

  • Craig Dodson
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 12, 2007
      This afternoon at Loudy Simpson Park in Craig I found a Northern Waterthrush at exactly the same place I saw the same species last year. Forrest Luke had reported the bird last year and I found it a week later on August 27, 2006. I found the bird last year and this year at the bridge over the outlet between the pond and the Yampa. It is quite tame and allowed several long satisfying looks. Loudy Simpson park has great abundance and always dishes up a surprise. It is always worth a stop! Ciao, Craig
    • Jim Beatty
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 12, 2012
        Hi All,

        There was a Northern Waterthrush at Pastorius today.  It was along the inlet canal.  Zink's pond had a Willet and two Long-billed Dowitchers.

        Jim Beatty
        Durango