Migration is On!

  • Forrest Luke
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2007

      Hi All,

      I stopped by Loudy-Simpson Park in Craig last evening (August 7) to see if anything was moving. It was! The first bird I put my binoculars on was a male Nashville Warbler. The third bird, after a Yellow Warbler, was a female Townsend’s. It slowed down from there but I did see several MacGillivray’s, a Wilson’s and, perhaps most surprising of all, an Orange-crowned (they are usually late fall migrants). Non-warbler migrants included a trio of Lazuli Buntings and several Rufous Hummers. I did not see any Least Flycatchers last night, but it was windy and they may still be around.

      Good Birding,

      Forrest Luke