LAGO returns!!

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2007

      Having not seen our male Lawrence's Goldfinch since 0620 hrs on May 29, the bird was back at our thistle feeders this morning Jun 01 at 0630 hrs!!  He was with a female LEGO and followed her (in typical "following flight" fashion) away from the feeders after two minutes of thistling (new word meaning dining on thistle seed).

      For those of you still wanting to see this bird, I can make no predictions as to if / when / or how frequently he might return.  During our best days last week, he was quite regular in his visits and coming every 30 to 60 minutes.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2007
        p.s. Our back yard is still open to birders from dawn to dusk!

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2007

          I have not been home much this morning, but a visiting birder from Glenwood Springs recorded that LAGO was at our thistle feeders again twice, at 0820 hrs and 0823 hrs, for brief visits.

          HELP!  I know there are still front range peoples who would like to see this bird, but I am not on CObirds.  wondering if someone could be a designated forwarder of my updates to CObirds?  but if that person is not at their computer, how then can I quickly convey updates?

          Sincere thanks,

          Larry