HART'S BASIN

  • Evelyn Horn
    Message 1 of 426 , Apr 11, 2007
      My email has been down for the last few days, so I've not been posting.
      On Mar 6. we had a nice group of cranes: 525 to be precise.
      Then stormy days with WIND and rain. So the cranes that I did find at the Basin I considered to be returns to our area:
      none on April 7
      180 on April 8 [rain+ wind]
      43 on April 9 {WIND]
      9 on April 10 [cold, wind]
      BUT I OBSERVED 25 TAKING OFF AT 10:15 am THIS MORNING (April 11)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      How do you hide a four-foot tall bird? Color it Crane :-)
      Evey Horn
    • Evelyn Horn
      Message 426 of 426 , Apr 2
        the birds continue to come: about 160 tonight.
        total =13,414
        Evey Horn