WC07 Update through April 7

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8, 2007

      With several reports of hummingbirds coming in, I have to say it...  Balance is restored to the Universe!!!    =)

      Listed below is our on-going tally of bird species reported in western Colorado (west of the Continental Divide) during 2007.  Since my last update on March 31, 20 species have been added, and one species is hereby corrected…  Bank swallow is corrected to exclude a questionable report on March 28.

      As always, please advise me of errors or omissions.  Thanks.

      Reminder - this is a cut & paste from Excel, so formatting may get scrambled in cyberspace.

      Good boid’n!!!

      Larry

      1

      greater white-fronted goose

      several reports since first of year

      2

      snow goose

      3

      ross's goose

      4

      canada goose

      5

      cackling goose

      three reports: west Rifle Jan 1, Fruita State Park Feb 21, Zink's Mar 22

      6

      tundra swan

      several reports, 2-5 birds on Perch Pond Mar 17 - Apr 4

      7

      wood duck

      8

      gadwall

      9

      eurasian wigeon

      Pastorius Reservoir Apr 6

      10

      american wigeon

      11

      mallard

      12

      blue-winged teal

      four at Cheney Apr 4

      13

      cinnamon teal

      west Nucla pond Feb 15

      14

      northern shoveler

      15

      northern pintail

      16

      green-winged teal

      17

      canvasback

      18

      redhead

      19

      ring-necked duck

      20

      greater scaup

      1-2 birds at Clifton sewage ponds Mar 28 - Apr 4

      21

      lesser scaup

      22

      long-tailed duck

      one male bird at Nucla sewer ponds Jan 12-13

      23

      bufflehead

      24

      common goldeneye

      25

      barrow's goldeneye

      26

      hooded merganser

      27

      common merganser

      28

      RED-BREASTED MERGANSER

      four at Navaho Reservoir Feb 10 is an early date

      29

      ruddy duck

      30

      chukar

      31

      ring-necked pheasant

      32

      greater sage-grouse

      33

      gunnison sage-grouse

      34

      dusky grouse

      booming at Dry Lake Campground near Steamboat prior to Apr 5

      35

      sharp-tailed grouse

      0

      36

      wild turkey

      37

      gambel's quail

      38

      pied-billed grebe

      39

      eared grebe

      Elkhead Reservoir Apr 7

      40

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 11, 2007

        Oi, this is working!  two reports of Common loon have floated in, as well Coen's report of Ibis.

        so add these two species and we are at 191 for the year!

        LA

[...]

        (Message over 64 KB, truncated)