Burrowing Owl

  • Robert Bradley
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5, 2007
      Hi gang,

      One bird was seen today about 1.4 mi. E of 1.8 Rd. on old Hwy. 6/50. It was in a prairie dog colony about 150 yds. S. of the road and 50 yds. E. of a N/S line of poles.

      In nearby 6/50 reservoir were 8 Greater and 2 Lesser Yellowlegs.

      Bob Bradley,
      Grand Junction
    • Dona Hilkey
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2011

        Ron and I saw that at least one Burrowing Owl has returned to nesting site in Sand Wash in Moffat County. This was on C.R. 67.

        Dona