Cheney Resevoir +

  • Andrea Robinsong
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2007
      Yesterday, April 4, I visited Cheney Reservoir around 5:30 pm.

      shorebirds:
      1 greater yellowlegs [aren't they lovely when they're breeding?]
      8 Black-necked Stilts

      ducks:
      4 blue-winged teal that were extremely flighty. They seemed to be coming
      or going
      many buffleheads [20?]
      hundreds and hundreds of gorgeous alternate plumaged ducks of just about
      every flavor. I didn't see any hooded mergs or rarities but I only
      scoped half the lake

      Today I am happy to host a spring flock of pine siskins with mixed
      finches. Some of the male Am. goldfinches have already turned!

      andrea robinsong
      hotchkiss