Swans still at Perch Pond

  • Forrest Luke
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2007

      Hi All,

      I drove past the Perch Pond, which is about 25 miles south of Craig off Hwy 13, last evening (4/3) and the five Tundra Swans were still there. There was also a good assortment of ducks, including a Canvasback.

      There were five Barrow’s Goldeneyes hanging out on the WFMC Gravel Pit ponds about four miles south of Craig. The BAGO’s are no longer on the Yampa River and seem to frequenting local ponds while waiting for higher elevation waters to open up.

      Best Wishes,

      Forrest Luke

      Craig