Paradox birding.

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2007
      Brenda and I did some atlasing in a priority block in
      Paradox today. The block is Davis Mesa which has
      CO-90 cutting through the middle paralleling Paradox
      Creek. The northeast corner of the block runs clear
      up on top of the escarpment. The southwest corner
      also runs on top of the opposite escarpment. Both
      these high corners have roads that are drivable. What
      great camping sites hanging on the edge! Most of the
      block in BLM and quite remote. What a wonderful place
      in spring time. This block is available. We were
      just exploring for access.
      We did find White-throated Swifts and Black-throated
      Sparrow. By late April all the P/J birds will be
      present with lots of Gray Vireos. There is very good
      sage also in the block.
      We did check out the Paradox Ponds and found the
      Sandhill Cranes are back. Amoung several duck species
      were a few Canvasbacks.
      Two pair of Great Blue Herons are nesting in Paradox
      and five pair are nesting along the San Miguel River
      west of Naturita.
      Coen and Brenda

      TV dinner still cooling?
      http://tv.yahoo.com/