WC07 Update thru March 31

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2007

      I am still verifying (from WSBN postings) our on-going tally of species seen in western Colorado this year.  Please advise of any errors or omissions.

      Again, since this note is a cut-and-paste from Excel, formatting may not go thru properly and I apologise for this.

      Thanks, Larry

      1

      greater white-fronted goose

      Confluence Park, Jan 13 onward

      2

      snow goose

      3

      ross's goose

      4

      canada goose

      5

      cackling goose

      three reports: west Rifle Jan 1, Fruita State Park Feb 21, Zink's Mar 22

      6

      tundra swan

      several reports

      7

      wood duck

      8

      gadwall

      9

      american wigeon

      10

      mallard

      11

      cinnamon teal

      west Nucla pond Feb 15

      12

      northern shoveler

      13

      northern pintail

      14

      green-winged teal

      15

      canvasback

      16

      redhead

      17

      ring-necked duck

      18

      lesser scaup

      19

      long-tailed duck

      one male bird at Nucla sewer ponds Jan 12-13

      20

      bufflehead

      21

      common goldeneye

      22

      barrow's goldeneye

      23

      hooded merganser

      24

      common merganser

      25

      RED-BREASTED MERGANSER

      Navaho Reservoir Feb 10

      26

      ruddy duck

      27

      chukar

      28

      ring-necked pheasant

      29

      greater sage-grouse

      30

      gunnison sage-grouse

      31

      sharp-tailed grouse

      0

      32

      wild turkey

      33

      gambel's quail

      34

      pied-billed grebe

      35

      WESTERN GREBE

      Navaho Reservoir Feb 10

      36

      CLARK'S GREBE

      Fruitgrower's from dam Mar 31

      37

      double-crested cormorant

      subadult overwintered near U.S. 50 bridge in Delta, Jan 1 onward

      38

      great blue heron

      39

      black-crowned night-heron

      two reports west of Corn Lake during January

      40

      turkey vulture

      Mesa Mar 16

      41