Kremmling Rosy Finches

  • Forrest Luke
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2007

      Hi All,

      I drove from Craig to Denver and back yesterday (Feb 1) and stopped at a couple of my favorite spots en route. The feeders at Grand Ave and 9th Street in Kremmling were hosting around 200 rosy finches—mostly Gray-crowns but with several Blacks and at least one Brown-capped. The Silverthorne sewage treatment ponds had their usual assortment of ducks, including five Barrow’s Goldeneyes.

      Forrest Luke

      Craig

    • jim liewer
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 5, 2007
        We also were in Kremmling this weekend and noted the rosy finches at the Worden's feeder at 218 S 9th.  Stayed in Old Park just off Hwy 134, 14 miles northwest of Kremmling.  There were 20-30 Bohemian waxwings that came through with the regular group of evening grosbeaks.  Being new to the Grand Junction area, we were surprised and happy today to find an adult male hooded merganser and what appeared to be 2 adult females at the Colorado River trailhead just off Redlands Parkway and Riverside Road, just west of the parking lot.

        8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time