Silverton Rosy Finches

  • jhnbregar
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2007
      Fresh snow in the San Juans pushed a flock of about 150 rosy finches
      back down into Silverton yesterday. I only had a horribly cruddy pair
      of binoculars with me -- since my wife and I had gone to X-country ski,
      not bird -- which made it difficult to examine the flock as well as I
      wanted, but most were brown-capped, maybe 20% were gray-crowned, there
      was at least one Hepburn's race of gray-crowned, and there was at least
      one black rosy finch.

      John Bregar