Red-tail building nest/mat for binoculars

  • Bill/Cheryl Day
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2007
      Bill and I saw a red-tailed hawk with a huge stick in it's mouth landing
      on the old nest on Roger's Mesa in Hotchkiss right across from
      Hardin's Health Food store. This nest has been occupied for the past
      couple of years, and has a good success rate even though it's close to
      Hwy 92. Seemed early in the year to be claiming a nest?

      I also wanted to mention a really handy device I found for birdwatching.
      It is a small rubber mat you put on your dashboard (3"x4") that holds
      items in place. I got it for Bill to put his glasses on when looking
      through the scope, but yesterday when we went out birding I put my
      leica's on the mat. They stayed on that mat even up our driveway (a
      tough, bumpy road). It was so handy to have them at a high level, I
      could keep my eye on the bird and reach for them without looking,
      instead of fumbling around my legs or feet.

      I got mine on Amazon, so I put the URL up just to see what I am talking
      about. Some people call them sticky mats. You can probably buy them in
      any auto store.

      http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CRQ4IS/002-5014624-9180854

      Good Birding!

      Cheryl Day