Rifle Snow Goose and possible Cackling

  • Arthur R. Dahl, Jr.
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2006

      Dec. 29, 2006

      Holiday greetings to all.  Today at the gravel pit west of Rifle (same pond where Lesser Black-backed Gull was observed) I saw a single Snow Goose mixed with 100 or so Canada Goose.  There are definitely some smaller Canada Goose with this flock, some may be “ Richardson ’s” Cackling Goose.  I could not be sure of the ID.  It may be worth further viewing.  Also, there are 20 Mountain Bluebirds along this section of HWY 6.  Sorry, no Western Bluebirds.  Art Dahl, Rifle, CO.