Delta birds Monday

  • Dick Filby
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2006
      Hi all,

      Al Levantin and I birded a few spots in Mesa County this snowy Monday.

      Highlights included

      Paonia
      1.Merlin

      Paonia - Crawford
      1 Harlan's Red-tailed Hawk
      2 Rough-legged Hawks
      4 Golden Eagles
      1 Bald Eagle

      Crawford - Hotchkiss
      1 Ferruginous Hawk

      Fruitgrowers Resr
      1 Prairie Falcon
      1 Bald Eagle
      1 Golden Eagle
      3 Northern Harriers
      1 Horned Grebe
      1 Northern Shrike
      30 American Pipits

      Delta Confluence Park
      2 Greater White-fronted Geese
      7 Snow Geese
      3 Ross's Geese
      several apparent Cackling Geese amongst hundreds of Canada Geese

      Hotchkiss
      1 Northern Pygmy Owl in Andrea Robinsong's yard - Thanks Andrea!

      Also..
      Mountain Bluebirds were everywhere (best: 100+ in one tree by the Gunnison River hwy 65 bridge
      Kestrels everywhere - saw over 50 today

      Dick Filby
      Carbondale