Re: [wsbn] White Winged Scoter

  • Craig Dodson
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2006
      Thanks Larry
      Andrea Robinsong and I found your scoter at about 4 pm today. It was on the
      south pond closest to 30 road (Clifton Sewage Treatment Ponds). We got great
      looks through her scope and it stretched its wings several times so we could
      clearly see the white secondaries. I am not quite sure if it was a juv. or a
      female. The brightness of the white behind and in front of the eye point to a
      juv. but the lack of white showing on the wing when folded points to a female at
      least according to Sibley. We had no doubt it was a white winged scoter. Nice
      assortment of ducks with Canvasbacks and Golden Eyes back in the valley.
      Craig