Harris Sparrow, near Crawford Reservoir

  • Bill/Cheryl Day
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2006
      John Barcus called to say he had a Harris Sparrow come to their feeder
      on Dec. 1. I know they have had a Harris Sparrow winter for a few weeks
      at least the last couple of years. They live on the road to the Black
      Canyon, just a few miles from the Crawford Reservoir.

      Also saw a Ferruginous Hawk today on Hwy 92 near the Lazear turnoff. He
      was imitating a Rough-legged Hawk by perching on a small bush. Haven't
      had one in our driveway yet, where one usually winters.

      We had a Sharpie perched outside our front window today, where we could
      get great views. Since we have no trees, this is not Sharpie territory,
      so he must have stopped just to rest.

      Cheryl Day
      Hotchkiss