Re: [wsbn] sandhills

  • harriet stephens
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 4, 2006
      I just got off the phone with Bob Wilson down at the Audubon Nature Center
      site (Monday about 3:30 pm) and he had a same sized group of cranes overhead.
      Is this the same group? Anyone have any ideas?

      On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 21:15:59 -0700
      "RICHARD P AHERN" <ahernterri@...> wrote:
      > Hello.
      >
      > I was walking along South Camp road near Monument Road (very near the
      >Serpents trail) at the same time on Saturday and saw this same group and
      >another one about 15 minutes earlier and I heard a similar group at the same
      >time the day before that. It always makes me stop my walk to look up and
      >watch and listen to this great sound of the fall season!
      >
      > Terri

    • Terry Meyers
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2006

        FYI, Saturday afternoon (time?) I saw a flock of ~55 sandhills overhead in Piceance Basin near Willow Creek and Hunter Creek, which is approximately 21 miles west of Rio Blanco.

        From: "harriet stephens" <hstephens1@...>
        To: "RICHARD P AHERN" <ahernterri@...>,<wsbn@yahoogroups.com>,"kathy kuyper" <chswift@...>
        Subject: Re: [wsbn] sandhills
        Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 16:32:32 -0600

        "RICHARD P AHERN" <ahernterri@msn. com> wrote:

        > Hello.

        > I was walking along South Camp road near Monument Road (very near the

        >Serpents trail) at the same time on Saturday and saw this same group and

        >another one about 15 minutes earlier and I heard a similar group at the same

        >time the day before that. It always makes me stop my walk to look up and

        >watch and listen to this great sound of the fall season!

        > Terri

        Get free, personalized commercial-free online radio with MSN Radio powered by Pandora