[wsbn] sandhills

  • RICHARD P AHERN
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2006
      Hello.

      I was walking along South Camp road near Monument Road (very near the Serpents trail) at the same time on Saturday and saw this same group and another one about 15 minutes earlier and I heard a similar group at the same time the day before that. It always makes me stop my walk to look up and watch and listen to this great sound of the fall season!

      Terri

      never expected this but about 3:30 (saturday afternoon) from the serpent's trail in the monument i saw (and heard) a beautiful V of at least 150 cranes headed straight toward the grand mesa.  Hope you guys over there see them come in or maybe just tomorrow morning!!!

      Get the latest Windows Live Messenger 8.1 Beta version. Join now.

    • harriet stephens
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2006
        I just got off the phone with Bob Wilson down at the Audubon Nature Center
        site (Monday about 3:30 pm) and he had a same sized group of cranes overhead.
        Is this the same group? Anyone have any ideas?

        On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 21:15:59 -0700
        "RICHARD P AHERN" <ahernterri@...> wrote:
        > Hello.
        >
        > I was walking along South Camp road near Monument Road (very near the
        >Serpents trail) at the same time on Saturday and saw this same group and
        >another one about 15 minutes earlier and I heard a similar group at the same
        >time the day before that. It always makes me stop my walk to look up and
        >watch and listen to this great sound of the fall season!
        >
        > Terri

      • Terry Meyers
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2006

          FYI, Saturday afternoon (time?) I saw a flock of ~55 sandhills overhead in Piceance Basin near Willow Creek and Hunter Creek, which is approximately 21 miles west of Rio Blanco.

          From: "harriet stephens" <hstephens1@...>
          To: "RICHARD P AHERN" <ahernterri@...>,<wsbn@yahoogroups.com>,"kathy kuyper" <chswift@...>
          Subject: Re: [wsbn] sandhills
          Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 16:32:32 -0600

          "RICHARD P AHERN" <ahernterri@msn. com> wrote:

          > Hello.

          > I was walking along South Camp road near Monument Road (very near the

          >Serpents trail) at the same time on Saturday and saw this same group and

          >another one about 15 minutes earlier and I heard a similar group at the same

          >time the day before that. It always makes me stop my walk to look up and

          >watch and listen to this great sound of the fall season!

          > Terri

          Get free, personalized commercial-free online radio with MSN Radio powered by Pandora