919Possible Blue-throated Hummingbird - LaPlata County

  • Jim Beatty
    Jul 23, 2006
      Hi All,
      There is an unconfirmed report of a female Blue-throated Hummingbird in LaPlata County.  This bird has only been seen twice by the property owners - who are interested, but not avid, birders.  The sightings have been on just two non-consecutive days and there is no apparent pattern to its visits.  I attempted to see the bird this morning without success.
      Since the property owners have grandchildren visiting at this time, they are not encouraging visits.
      I will be monitoring sightings closely and if the visits become either more frequent or a pattern develops, I will notify cobirds and I believe that visits will be possible.
      Jim Beatty