8798Thanks to the Group

  • Tenz
    Apr 26, 2014
      Thanks again to everyone who gave me ideas to bird in Delta County. My Australian friend, however, wanted desert birds. So the following is what we saw in a short day:

      2.8 Road, Mesa County : Pinyon Jays, Say’s Phoebe, Brewers Blackbirds, Horned Larks, Ravens, Eurasian Collared & Mourning Doves. No Burrowing owls.
      Prairie Canyon road, Mesa County section:Black Throated Sparrows, Green-Tailed Towhee, Grey Flycatcher, Ravens, 1 Scott’s Oriole
      Horsethief Canyon SWA, Mesa County: Audubon’s Warbler, Lazuli Buntings, Blue-Grey Gnatcatcher, Plumbeous Vireo, Western Kingbird, Lesser Goldfinches, Ravens, Eurasian Collared & Mourning Doves
      Connected Lakes, Mesa County (one stop only): Great Horned owl with Chicks

      It was a fun but brief day for all, thanks again.
      Carol Ortenzio
      Grand Junction