    Thanks JT for pointing out my message problem.
    I meant the highly localized scrub.  That explains the truncated message, doesn't it?
    I didn't realize the message was scrubbed short.  To make a better finish:  The highly localized shrub, Eriogonum contortum, Grand Valley buckwheat, is also on the small hill with the Botta's pocket gopher mounds.
    On Friday, April 11, 2014 8:17 PM, "John "JT" Toolen" <jtoolen@...> wrote:
    The highly localized shrub, ,,…?

    From: wsbn@yahoogroups.com [mailto:wsbn@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Ron Lambeth
    Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2014 9:34 PM
    To: WesternSlope BirdingNetwork; Heidi Plank
    Subject: [wsbn] Long-billed Curlew

    There was a curlew in the annual wheatgrass dominated green flats in the Grand Valley desert about 2 miles north of Highline Canal along 25 Road this evening.  Recreation traffic along the road was typically heavy it being Sunday.  I was out looking for Botta's pocket gopher mounds and finally found about 30 on a small hill by 25 Rd. 3.75 miles north of Highline Canal.  The highly localized shrub, ,, was on the same hill.

  • Show all 3 messages in this topic