8626Delta County

  • arobinsong
    Mar 22 11:31 PM
      Wonderful to come back home to springtime after a long time away from Co..
       I drove from hotchkiss to cedaredge and back Friday and enjoyed seeing some cool birds.
      A large gull flew over me close to Eckert. Perhaps we were both heading to Fruitgrowers were I saw the cranes before they began staging, Dennis Garrison and fos Western Grebe.
      Up on delta's Redlands Mesa 6 colorful birds on a wire proved to be three Western Bluebirds and three Lewis' Woodpeckers. Small flocks of Mtn Bluebirds were working the fields below them.
      Yesterday I photographed three American White Pelicans at Sweitzer State   Park... a breeding pair and what appeared to be a young juvenile for this time of year.
      Other interesting birds:
      1 adult Bald Eagle
      2 pairs Hooded Merganser
      6 prs Shovelers
      A few each:
      Wigeon
      Cinnamon Teal
      Green Wing Teal
      Gadwall
      Mallard
      Brilliant Western Meadowlarks were throwing back their heads and belting out their songs.

      At my place the American Goldfinch are showing splotches of day glo yellow and the Lesser Goldfinch appear to be fully decked out.
      There's more than 40 "wild" turkeys hanging around my house. Im awakened each morning by pounding on the glass door. Its a tom fighting his reflection. Toms are strutting all day long. Anyone who would like to come see them anytime is welcome.  Email me for directions.
      Happy Migration
      Andrea Robinsong
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic