8382Christmas Bird Counts

  • jonhorn49
    Nov 26, 2013
      Thought it was time that I posted information about the Christmas Bird Counts in Montrose, Gunnison, Delta, and Hotchkiss.

      Saturday, Dec. 14, Montrose. Meet at 8:30 a.m. at the BLM/Forest Service parking lot, 2465 South Townsend Avenue and follow the signs to the meeting room to get organized. Bird until we get the circle done, or run out of daylight.  All data needs to be turned into the leader by the end of the day.  Contact Missy Siders, 970-240-5332 , msiders@....

      Sunday, Dec. 15, Gunnison.  Meet at 7:30 am on the Western State College Campus - Hurst Hall Room 130 to get organized. Chili potluck at 5:30 that evening to compile results. Things can be wintry in Gunnison so come prepared for whatever weather we may have. Contact Arden Anderson at 970-641-5322 the week before the count if there are any questions.  All data needs to be turned into the leader by the end of the day, or make other arrangements with the leader.

      Saturday, Dec. 21, Delta. Meet at 8:00 a.m. in the Delta City Market parking lot.  For more information contact Amy Seglund, 970-252-6014, amy.seglund@...

      Saturday, January 4, Hotchkiss. Meet at 8 a.m. in the Hotchkiss City Market parking lot to break into groups. For more information and for those who want to meet earlier for observing owls, contact Jason Beason at 970-310-5117, jason.beason@....  Jason would like to hear from everyone that plans on helping with the count, but it isn’t necessary

      Thanks to Missy Siders for compiling this information.  Looking forward to the counts and hope that we have record turnouts of birders and birds!

      Jon Horn
      Montrose

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic