8350Bonaparte's Gull - Canyon View Park - GJ

  • Michael Henwood
    Nov 11, 2013
      Good Morning,

      While walking in Canyon View Park in Grand Junction with my wife early this morning (about 7:30 A.M.), I observed a first year Bonaparte's Gull on one of the ponds. We have walked there the past 3 days and I did not see it prior to this morning. However, there have been a pair of Canada Geese on one of the ponds the past three days that appear to be lesser Canada Geese. They keep to themselves and away from the Mallards, the only other waterfowl on the pond.

      Mike Henwood
      Grand Junction
      Mesa County