8198RMBO Ridgway State Park banding

  • Linnea Rowse
    Sep 17, 2013
      Today was the last day of banding for this fall at Ridgway State Park. We had a great week and a half of banding and education for 4th graders from local schools. I'll be heading to Grand Junction next, to continue banding for RMBO at Connected Lakes State Park, coordinating with Grand Valley Audubon Society for education.

      I banded a total of 155 birds at Ridgway, made up of 19 different species. A few recent highlights were a Nashville Warbler and Ruby-crowned Kinglet (both FOS) today, a Red-naped Sapsucker and Cassin's Vireo (both FOS) yesterday, and a bobcat that I heard/saw fresh tracks from along the net lanes.

      Here is a summary of the last few days of banding (including recaps):

      Friday, 9/13 - Total: 11
      House Wren - 1
      Gray Catbird - 1
      Virginia's Warbler - 1