8141Common black hawk. Aug. 22

  • Andrea Robinsong
    Aug 27 9:23 AM
      Yahoo put the text of my post under their credits so you would have had to scroll down below that to see the back story. I copied it here and added a bit.

      From my post:
      I grabbed a few shots of this bird while driving on J55 rd between Hotchkiss and Paonia south of the trash transfer station last week but forgot to look at the photos until last night.
      It appears that I refound Jason Beason's CBHA which he has seen around Hotchkiss four times during migration windows in the last three years.
      Andrea Robinsong

      Since Jason first spotted a CBHA circling over Hotchkiss in the spring of 2011 I've been trying to photo every raptor I see to get a closer look. The joke is that I'd long since forgotten what I was looking for and was totally surprised when I finally found it.

      So now it's been spotted during spring and fall migration windows but what does that tell us?
      AR
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic