8073Re: [wsbn] hummingbirds

  • Jason Beason
    Jul 10, 2013
      First Rufous at Rain Crow Farm this morning also. I have had more than average numbers of Black-chinned all spring and summer. Going through lots of sugar and with this heat it ferments quickly.

      My wife, Kerry Noonan, heard a Yellow-billed Cuckoo when out working the farm on July 2nd. For those of you interested in this species, the USFWS is reviewing the Western Distinct Population Segment (west of continental divide and including Rio Grande Drainage (the San Luis Valley)) for listing as Endangered or Threatened at the moment. This is the second time they have reviewed cuckoos for listing and in 2001 it was classified as "Warranted but Precluded".

      Jason Beason
      Paonia - Delta Co.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic