8049Re: [wsbn] hummingbirds

  • Andrea Robinsong
    Jul 5, 2013
      Where are you both located?  What type of hummers are you talking about?
      The earlier swarms of hummers may have been migrants passing through on their way to those great wildflowers.
      I feed breeding black-chinned and my numbers right now seem average.  When the broad tails first come back they spend weeks with me until the high country is ready for them..this year the last one took off around June 4...a- month ago.
      My first rufous woke me up 10 days ago but he didn't stay. Haven't seen any others yet.
      Last year my rufous count was way down.
      Are they spraying for Mosquitos where you live?
      Andrea Robinsong
      Hotchkiss

      On Jul 5, 2013, at 8:31 AM, "Shep & Mary Harris" <smnharris@...> wrote:

      Everyone I talk to say the same thing. My theory - we had incredible June wildflowers.
      Mary

      On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 7:33 AM, robinhenry76 <robinhenry@...> wrote:

      We haven't seen any hummingbirds recently at our feeders or flowers. Normally, we would have swarms. We definitely noticed fewer birds this year but now we have none. Is it just our yard or is this something that others are experiencing?

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic