8044RFI: Birding SW Colorado

  • birder4lifer@sbcglobal.net
    Jun 28, 2013
      Hi all,
      I'm going to be on vacation in SW Colorado this summer (July 7-13) based in Montezuma County. I've been to the area before but I'd like to explore it some more. I'm planning to go to Yellowjacket Canyon, Totten Reservoir (very productive last year), and in general around the city of Mancos - are there any other locations that are definitely worth a visit?
      Also, a few target birds I'm interested in are:
      Northern Goshawk
      Virginia Rail (I do know of one spot)
      Western Screech-Owl
      Northern Pygmy-Owl
      Long-eared Owl
      Sage Thrasher
      Sage Sparrow
      Black-crowned Rosy-finch
      Evening Grosbeak

      Any info on where to find these would be great.
      Please respond privately. Thanks and good birding!

      Caleb Frome
      TX Century Club Member
      Dallas, TX