7743COMMON BLACK-HAWK - Delta County

  • Jason Beason
    Apr 5, 2013
      At about 12:45 this afternoon, a Common Black-Hawk was soaring of the town of Hotchkiss! I watched it soar for about 15 minutes before losing it. Checking eBird showed that they do show up in March in AZ. When I first saw it I thought it seemed way too early for a vagrant to be showing up in Colorado. This bird was very near the same location where I saw a Common Black-Hawk in 2009 and 2010. I need to float the river through the area this summer and look for them. It isn't too crazy to think they could be breeding here!

      --
      Jason Beason
      Paonia - Delta County