7559Ouray County

  • kent nelson
    Feb 15, 2013
      Hello, birders,

      Judy Scheig and I drove around the county today to try to locate a Rough-legged Hawk, which, after a good search, we found on County Rd 12A, between CR 10 and CR 12, just east of Ridgway. The bird was sitting on a telephone pole closer to CR 10 -- sleek whitish head, dark belly, back tail band.
        Other birds were several W. Scrub Jays and Townsend's Solitaires, Red-tailed Hawks 5, N. Flicker 1, Bald Eagle 5.

      My feeder has been absent exciting birds for the past few weeks, though I still get the flock of 30+ Evening Grosbeaks, with only one female.

      Kent Nelson
      Ouray
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic