      Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 22:21:40 +0000
      From: David Irons <llsdirons@...>
      To: OBOL obol <obol@...>
      Subject: [OBOL] Great Blue Heron eats rabbit at Koll Wetlands this
      morning

      Bjorn Hinrichs, Shawneen Finnegan, and I birded Koll Wetlands this morning. We
      saw a nice variety of shorebird and neotropical migrants and watched in utter
      shock as a Great Blue Heron caught, killed, and consumed a young rabbit!
      Photos and lists of the birds we saw in the wetlands and neighboring Greenway
      Park can be viewed at the link below. I will be putting together a more
      complete story about the heron v. rabbit episode.
      http://www.birdfellow.com/members/dave_irons/field_reports/667-koll-wetlands-fanno-creek-trail-3-september-2012
      Dave IronsPortland, OR