7057Ouray County

  • kent nelson
    Aug 8, 2012
      Birders,

      This afternoon Judy Scheig and I birded Billy Creek SWA and found Ash-throated Flycatcher, ten Western Bluebirds, assorted sparrows, etc. No Black Phoebes at the bridge. At the Ridgway Reservoir were 22 White-faced Ibis. We also drove from Colona to Log Hill, but didn't find anything significant except the scenery.

      If you are in Ouray to see Black Swifts or to relax, you could come by my pathetic 15x15" feeder in my backyard. I've had 39 species at this feeder (77 yard birds). Right now there are hordes of Evenings Grosbeaks, lots of Cassin's Finches and Pine Siskin, an occasional chickadee or White-cr. Sparrow. In the last week I've had Green-tailed Towhee and Lazuli Bunting. The latter is a new bird for my yard.
        Anyway, this feeder has had White-throated Sparrow, Lark Sparrow, Rose-breasted Grosbeak, Yellow-headed Blackbird, etc. over the past few years. You can access the feeder by turning east at the main street in Ouray (bank, Ouray Brewer), going past the courthouse, and turning left into the alley right before the Ouray Museum. Mine in the third house on the left. There's a low cement wall, and the feeder is right over that, visible from a car in the alley.
         All welcome.

      Kent Nelson
      Ouray
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic