6995Yellow-billed Cuckoo, Delta County - May 11

  • Jason Beason
    Jul 11 5:36 PM
      Just heard a calling Yellow-billed Cuckoo in the yard (at Rain Crow Farm...or maybe that should be a calling Rain Crow at the Cuckoo Farm as crazy a farm season as it has been!).  Great to hear one here as it has been over a year since we've detected one here.  In 2006 and 2007 they were regularly heard from our yard.

      FYI, the "Western" Yellow-billed Cuckoo is currently being reviewed for listing under the Endangered Species Act.  This is the second review for the species in the western US.

      --
      Jason Beason
      Special Monitoring Projects Coordinator