673Recent Western slope birds

  • Richard Stevens
    Apr 2, 2006
      Hello birders,

      Lisa Novin here, Richard Stevens' secretary. I am sorry if it is
      inappropriate to use his email address? I am not signed up for your group
      and cannot find Vic Zerbi's email address?

      Recent western slope bird reports you might be interested in from a Virginia
      birder, Matt Orsie include:

      Twelve Gunnison Sage-Grouse were seen on the Waunita Hot Springs Lek on
      3/30.

      Six Chukar were seen on the Coal Canyon Road site on 3/29.

      A Surf Scoter was seen on Crawford Lake State Park on 3/28.

      Three Barrow's Goldeneyes were seen on Blue Lake, Eagle County on 3/30.

      Forty+ Brown-capped Rosy Finches were seen at Linda Powers feeders at 324
      Whiterock; Corner of 4th in Crested Butte.

      Good birding!

      Directions to birding spots on CoBus website:
      http://home.att.net/~birdertoo

      Lisa Novin, Secretary, Colorado Birding Society
      Denver, CO
      Contact CoBus/Report Interesting Birds: 303-324-7994
      Subscribe to "cobirders" by sending blank message to:
      cobirders-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Read "cobirders" at: