6431White-throated Sparrows in Gould

  • Craig Dodson
    Feb 1, 2012
      I birded in North Park today and went to the Gould/Moose Visitor Center to see the Rosey Finches of which there were 20 or 30 Gray Crowned's of both morphs. To my surprise I found two White-throated Sparrows of the tan stripe morph. They were shy and did not approach the feeders unless the Rosey Finches were gone, but allowed a couple of pictures. Another odd bird present was a Common Grackle that also skulked around the willows beyond the feeders. I think I recall the Grackle being mentioned on the NP CBC but not the WTSP.    Craig