6231Ouray County

  • kent nelson
    Nov 19, 2011
      Hello, all,

      Sue Hirshman and I birded from Ouray to Ridgway Reservoir and back today, and to our surprise found a pair of Wood Ducks at the sewage treatment plant just north of Ouray. At the reservoir, we had two Bonaparte's Gulls in with the usual assortment of a dozen CA Gulls and several Ring-billed Gulls. Also on the water were a pair of Hooded Mergansers, several Common Goldeneyes, a half-dozen American Wigeons, three Green-winged Teal, and about 20 Western Grebes. We had a fly-over Golden Eagle. At the marina we found a Northern Shrike catching insects from tree to ground and back again.

      Kent Nelson
      Ouray

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic