6093Townsend's Warbler in yard today.

    Sep 30, 2011
      Lots of birds still on the move.  We had a Townsend's Warbler in the yard today but no sign of the Blackpoll Warbler.
      There are over 10 records of Blackpoll Warblers in western Colorado.  Over 60% of the records are fall records and of the fall records about 60% fall in the month of September.

      I would like to have better data on neo-tropical migrants and last fall dates observed.  We have great data on early spring dates but most of us ignore the last time we see, example, a House Wren.  Now that we start October tomorrow I will come up with a spreadsheet that well allow everyone interested to help keep fall migrant records.  The list will include only species that do not winter.  Casual and rare species are generally reported so they will not be included either.
      Good birding,
      Coen