5718Bairds Sandpipers at Cheney

  • Andrea Robinsong
    May 8, 2011
      Yesterday evening three Bairds Sandpipers were feeding on the mudflats
      at the north end of Cheney Reservoir. There were avocets, dowitchers,
      peeps, a stilt, a Great Egret, a Spotted Sandpiper and many ducks
      feeding along the water's edge. There were also Ring-billed Gulls;
      Eared, Western, Clarks and Pied-billed Grebes and many ducks of most
      species on the water.

      highlights:
      Golden Eagle
      Bullocks Oriole FOS
      Lark Sparrow large flocks
      White-crowned Sparrow large flock
      Swainson's Hawk...FOS
      Brewers Blackbird

      It's pretty magical at my place now. The beautiful crab apple behind and
      next to feeders is blooming and full of gorgeous birds:
      western Tanager
      Lazuli Bunting
      Cassins Finch
      Am Goldfinch
      Lesser Goldfinch lots!
      House Finch
      Evening Grosbeak
      turkeys
      Pine Siskin more than lots
      White-Crowned Sparrow
      doves modo and ecdo
      Long-tailed Grackle !
      Black-headed Grosbeak

      and red-tailed hawks ON close to the house

      You can hear my house from the next mesa.

      andrea robinsong
      hotchkiss