5198Ridgway Reservoir

  • kent nelson
    Dec 6, 2010
      Hello, birders,

      I stopped by the R'way Reservoir on the way to Montrose today (Monday) and found the Surf Scoter again along the western shore, as seen from the mudflats at the south end of the water.  No loons.  Other birds: two Hooded Mergansers, 25 Common Mergansers, one W. Grebe, 15 Common Goldeneyes, and, at the marina, two Mallards, one Ruddy Duck , and 4 Canada Geese.  There were 8 Bald Eagles along the watercourse from R'way north, three Red-tails, one Townsend's Solitaire (Billy Creek), and at the gravel pit pond in Montrose County, east side of 550, 8 Bufflehead and 6 Ring-necked Ducks.

      At my feeder in Ouray this morning were 40 Evening Grosbeaks.  I had one Lesser Goldfinch on 12/1, but he never showed up again that day or since.

      Kent Nelson
      Ouray

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic