      Sent: Sunday, November 28, 2010 7:40 PM
      Subject: [wsbn] Ridgway Reservoir

      Hello, birders,
      After being gone for two months, I drove down to R'way Reservoir this afternoon to check out whether Coen Dexter's Surf Scoters were still there.  I found one along the far shoreline, as viewed from the gravel on the south end.  There were several Hooded Mergansers, at least two female Commons, Common Goldeneyes, one W. Grebe, two Bald Eagles, gulls far in the distance, and several loons.  The loons were not particularly close, either, but they didn't look to me to be heavy in the water as Common Loons appear.  One of the loons seemed to have a yellow bill and it held its head raised, but the sun was slanting from a tough, late-afternoon angle.  If anyone else gets to the reservoir, please check out the loons.
      Kent Nelson

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic