49872010 Divide Creek Hawkwatch

  • Tom & Kay McConnell
    Sep 2, 2010
      Roaring Fork Audubon will hold the 4th Divide Creek Hawkwatch on Sunday, September 19th.  Our high count of 94 birds in a four-hour period was in 2007 with perfect northwesterly winds and overcast sky.  We will strive to have perfect weather again and will be looking for our first migrant Broad-winged Hawk.  Hawkwatchers should bring binoculars, a lunch, drinks, lawn chair of choice, and sharp eyes.  Meet at the Silt Park and Ride lot on the SW side of the Silt / I-70 Interchange at 900AM on Sunday morning for the drive to the hawkwatch site.  Most years the birding slows around 200PM and we start home.  All hawkwatchers are welcome.  If you plan to come please contact me by return e-mail or by phone 970-379-7356.
      Tom McConnell
      Glenwood Springs