2921Swainson's Thrush-Delta County

  • Victor Zerbi
    Jun 30, 2008
      Got up early this morning to search for Swainson's Thrush up FR 835
      near Crawford in Delta County. This has been a tough bird in Delta
      County. After a little more than a mile walk in, I had at least four
      calling Swainson Thrushes at about 6:15 AM.. Got great views of two of
      them. Tried for Veery without success but the habitat looks really
      good. I thought I saw evdience of Three-toed Woodpeckers in the area
      but did not see one. I didn't suffer from bugs like Larry and Andrea
      but I was out and back to my car by 8:15 AM - not many bugs in the
      cool early morning air.

      Vic Zerbi